We didn't do too much for Memorial Day Weekend. Will had his finger issue on Friday but that didn't stop us from having a good weekend. We went to the splash park (and with some convincing from Will the pool too) on Saturday (not realizing you shouldn't get the stitches wet..whoops!) I forgot my camera's memory card so I didn't get any pictures of that trip but we ended up having such a good time that we have already made it back to both places this week, just without Daddy.
Monday we spent the day out at Grandma and Grandpa Ekart's just relaxing and...
of course we headed outside to play some ball.
Tuesday we headed back to the expensive awesome pool.
This little fish is so good in the water. I need to get him back into swim lessons so he can go into the "big" water more.
The pool has a great spot for us to hang out and watch big brother under a HUGE umbrella with chairs right on the edge of the water.
He took a little nap while Mom got in for a bit. Don't worry I had a crowd of people there helping me keep track of both kids! Our boy cousins were there with us, we met up with my friend Jamie and her son Parker and niece Natalie, and Grandma Jo Ann showed up to watch her grandboys play too.
We try to spend the evenings after dinner outside doing something fun. Will's choice is usually to take a walk to the park while he rides his scooter. He is a little speed demon on this thing. NO FEAR I tell ya!
Daddy and his boys! I have mentioned that Timothy is a tummy boy. He seems to be happiest (even sleeping) on his tummy. So, no, he is not about to fall!
Natalie spent the day with us on Wednesday. We tried to stay busy with a couple of crafts. We started out making cement stones. The kits make that process fairly easy. Waiting was the hardest part! I forgot to take pictures of these but they turned out cute.
Our next craft was cheap and turned out REALLY cute. We picked up chipboard letters and I let them decorate them with whatever they wished. I have A TON of crafty stuff for them to choose from.
Natalie chose to tear and glue pieces of paper. I love they way hers turned out! (All her own work.)
Of course Will wanted to paint and use the glitter. He LOVES painting.
I love letting Will's creativity be in control of his projects and not mine. He seems to love it too because he usually is a lot more patient and well mannered during craft time when he is doing his own thing rather than instructed on what to do.
Today we started out at the park in the morning with the fear of rain ruining a day of being outside.
Bubbles are fun at the park too!
We left little brother at Grandma's while we were at the park because it was SO humid.
The sun was peaking out and rain was holding off so we headed to the splash park after lunch. Last time we were there some kids had a bucket so Will requested his (we keep some sand toys in the van for the park visits). This was a hit amongst all the kids there and Will did a great job sharing.
This park is awesome. I am so glad we have this now and that it is FREE fun.
The water is as cold as ice but that's okay because you can warm right up over on the black surface of the regular park afterwards (at least mom did!) Little brother just hung out in his new peanut sling I bought. I love this sling. It is so easy to put on and store in the diaper bag. I will have to get a picture of it and the Hooter Hider I recently got.
you guys have been busy! so have we, i have been trying to get out of the house and overcome the fears of taking 2 kids out alone LOL... looking forward to seeing your new sling! i have a baby bjorn and another sling that i dont really care for, knox doesn't really like the bjorn!
ReplyDeleteWe will be in Manhattan the last two weeks of the month, we should plan a play date at the splash park! I am sure the girls would love it!
ReplyDeleteErica, that sounds fun! We are going to be in AL for my sisters wedding until the 27th. Will you be here after that?
ReplyDelete