skip to main | skip to sidebar

Linkbar

  • Home
  • Our Story
  • Big Brother
  • Lil Brother
  • Big Sis
  • Baby Brother
  • Lil Sis
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest

    March 29, 2011

    No baby yet...

    I had my 38 week check up today (well technically I am 37 and 5 days) and I was exactly the same as last week, 2cm dilated and 50%.  I was having some good contractions while I was in there though.  Anyways, I thought I would share some things I bought this past weekend for the babe.  We didn't have a baby shower this go round because we have pretty much all we need as far as gear and clothes go (Will was a June baby but I am hoping the clothes will work out for the most part.)  It has been kind of weird not buying anything.  I sold Will's travel system car seat on Craig's list so we did have to buy a car seat but I opted not to go with a travel system this go round.  I never used the stroller because it was so big inside stores.  So I just bought another Chicco seat.  I really wanted a Britax but after looking at it I decided it was too huge for my van's seats.  We didn't really have any complaints with the Chicco before except that it didn't fit well into shopping carts.  I love the color of the new seat though.  Another plus is it fits pretty securely just setting into my Britax umbrella style stroller that I love because it is smaller.  The only other "baby" item I have boughten is a Wubbanub.  I read about this on Erica's blog.  I like the idea of there being something other than a pacifier for the little babe to be attached to so we are going to give it a go.  My other purchases revolve around picture taking.  I LOVE Will's pictures that Beth Meysenburg took.  However, this go round I am going to try to do some myself.  I have been looking at different posing ideas online and decided to buy some "props" to use.  There are a few more things have/am contemplated buying such as: pacifier clips on Etsy, Hooter Hider, embroidered months onesies on Etsy.  These are things that can wait so I haven't really worried about ordering them yet.


    {removed photos due to current fad of people being sued over use of outside source photos}

    The car seat we bought.
    I bought cheese cloth to wrap Timothy in similar to above.


    I love the texture of the fur against the soft baby skin so I am going to give this a try.

    I love this hat but I didn't order it.  I might wait and do a three month picture with a hat instead

    I got matching ties for the boys that I can't wait to try out. 

    The Wubbanub we bought.

    Anything else you can think of that I need? I know that with Will we would've been set with just a bouncer seat and his mama's milk!  I have been trying to keep this in mind with Timothy.  The boys are sharing a room so we are planning on just using the play pen as a bed for now.  We will see how this goes.  Will ended up in our bed so we NEVER used his crib.  I would rather have a play room for the boys than another unused nursery.  

    Photobucket
    Updated for you by Emily at 5:39 PM

    4 comments:

    1. Megan C.March 29, 2011 at 9:51 PM

      I'm in the same boat as you! I have a few more things to get though! Most of it can wait till after baby but i like to be completely prepared, i hate having to stress about details! those hats are sooo adorable! my sis bought one with teddy bear ears and is going to let me borrow mine for our little ones pics, i love the other ideas you have!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    2. Erica CopeMarch 29, 2011 at 10:42 PM

      http://www.uddercovers.com/
      Use the code "OneFree" and you will only have to pay the shipping and handling which is under $10! I got one right before Jack was born and I love it! I use it all the time!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    3. Erica CopeMarch 29, 2011 at 10:43 PM

      And I am so glad you got a wubbanub! Jack seriously loves his! Best invention ever! : )

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    4. EmilyMarch 30, 2011 at 10:39 AM

      Thanks for the tip Erica!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    Add comment
    Load more...

    We love your notes!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

  • nienie
    I Do Now
    1 week ago
  • The Idea Room
    The Best Back to School Organization Ideas
    2 weeks ago
  • Enjoying the Small Things
    2024 Stocking Stuffer Guide for Kids, Tweens & Teens
    1 year ago
  • Kelly's Korner
    Park City Utah
    4 years ago
  • My Three Blondies
    Cover Reveal: Somewhere Between Falling
    7 years ago
  • The Domestic Wannabe
    arden rae | a birth story
    7 years ago
  • Little Moments Like These...
    Kai at 11 months
    8 years ago
  • The Macs
    annie kate
    8 years ago
  • styleberry BLOG
    60 Inch Dining Table
    8 years ago
  • Team Gramkow
    March of Dimes: March for Babies 2018: Kansas City
    8 years ago
  • a good life.
    parker // impromptu photo shoot
    9 years ago
  • The Branicks
    New House!
    9 years ago
  • iHeartFaces.com
    Saying Goodbye: Our Final Post
    9 years ago
  • The Wright Family Blog
    Baseball Runner Ups
    9 years ago
  • What's New at Kevin and Amanda's Homepage
    The Best Guacamole Recipe Ever!
    10 years ago
  • NurtureBaby Blog
    sample-5.jpg
    10 years ago
  • The Corral Connection
    A big long update!
    10 years ago
  • on earth as it is in heaven
    10 years ago
  • Dream Pretty...
    I dream of... Dressing my baby bump
    11 years ago
  • our wonderful, crazy life
    black magic
    11 years ago
  • the anderson crew
    florida, part 1.
    11 years ago
  • Pixel Perfect
    Day 7 - 31 Days to a REAL FOOD kitchen makeover
    11 years ago
  • Kathlip & Phileen
    Namibian Safari
    12 years ago
  • PARTY of FIVE
    Time marches on ...
    12 years ago
  • CREATE STUDIO
    A Neon Silly Monster Birthday Party
    12 years ago
  • miller fam
    {bits of a summer}
    12 years ago
  • whatever
    movin' on....
    13 years ago
  • everything beautiful
    Modesty
    13 years ago
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Parent
    On Top of the World
    13 years ago
  • All About Aiden...Always!!
    Our Weekend!
    14 years ago
  • The Huelsing's Adventures in Upstate New York
    Lake George Hike
    14 years ago
  • The Adventures of Beckham
    Houston, we have a walker!!
    15 years ago
  • The Cope Family
    Ok, here is our REAL new blog address
    15 years ago
  • When a Duet Becomes a Trio
    Day with lens...
    16 years ago
  • Crazybananas
  • a record of our reality
  • Love from Texas
  • eighteen25
Show 5 Show All