skip to main | skip to sidebar

Linkbar

  • Home
  • Our Story
  • Big Brother
  • Lil Brother
  • Big Sis
  • Baby Brother
  • Lil Sis
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest

    March 26, 2011

    2 years 9 months

    Let me just start by saying that a switch has been flipped and my emotional side is in full swing!  I can't fool anyone and say that this pregnancy hasn't left me an anxious mess, so much so that I have lost most of my creative mojo.  I generally can't keep my mind on track to focus on even a blog post lately.  However, with all this sleep I am not getting I've decided I am done tossing and turning and I am going to try to focus.  So tonight instead of sleeping I am up reminiscing pictures of my sweet baby boy.  I can't believe he is almost 3! 2 years and 9 months have flown by for sure.  I am sitting here bawling thinking of how much his life is about to change.  Just in the past 3 months he has really moved from toddler to almost pre-schooler.  I know he is going to be a great big brother.  It is mind boggling to think that I can love another child as much as I love this little boy but I know I will (not that I don't already love TJ).  We have had some fun days these past few weeks together as a family of three and I will always cherish these memories.  At my 37 week appointment I was dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced.  I thought I was starting to feel labor symptoms when in actuality it was the flu AGAIN! I think it was God's way of allowing me to regroup and really put into perspective what change our lives are about to undergo.  I can't say that I took these last few months with Will for granted because we did get a lot of quality time together but I have been rushing this pregnancy along mentally.  So even though I was MISERABLE for a few more days I am grateful for the reality check the flu gave me. I am a little sad that this chapter of our lives is over, but I am more excited to start a new one and watch our boys' relationship grow.  I think I am really ready as a mother to handle caring for, loving, and teaching TWO little boys!

     Will Loves to bowl! We are actually thinking this might be where we do his 3rd birthday party.
    Grandma "T" took him to "the park by Mommy's school" one day and now that is the park of choice.
    (Side Note:  I am officially attending MATC this fall for nursing school.)

    He thrives outdoors!

    Just waiting for you Timothy!

    Photobucket
    Updated for you by Emily at 6:49 AM

    4 comments:

    1. AmyMarch 26, 2011 at 8:51 AM

      Oh Emily, I totally understand all the feelings you are having right now. I remember being so emotional right before Harper was born; excited, scared, happy, and of course guilt for all the change I was going to put Pax through. Although it won't always be easy, and at times you will feel overwhelmed, the bond those 2 boys will have will make it worth it! There is nothing better than to watch your children love each other and grow up together. Good luck with everything, and try to relax and enjoy these last few days as a Mommy to 1 :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    2. EmilyMarch 26, 2011 at 8:59 AM

      Thanks Amy!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    3. Sarah and DerekMarch 26, 2011 at 9:05 AM

      Will is so cute! I am sure you are anxious, nervous, excited and more about the new addition to the family but everything will work out and i'm sure Will and TJ will have a very special bond. You of course will be a fantastic mommy for the 2nd time. Don't make us wait too long to see a pic when the new one arrives!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    4. Megan C.March 26, 2011 at 4:13 PM

      I have been feeling the same exact way. You put your pregnancy on the back burner to every day life with a toddler, and then all of a sudden you are about to have a toddler and a newborn and you are freaking out. I got very anxious when my doctor told me that I could go early because he had our c-section date planned for months, and I felt like I wasnt ready to have a baby yet. I know everything will work but but it is still scary because at this point all we know is how to have one child. I'm sure Will will be a great big brother! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    Add comment
    Load more...

    We love your notes!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

  • The Idea Room
    The Best Chocolate Raspberry Wontons for Parties and Holidays
    1 day ago
  • nienie
    Seven Minutes
    2 days ago
  • Enjoying the Small Things
    2024 Stocking Stuffer Guide for Kids, Tweens & Teens
    1 year ago
  • Kelly's Korner
    Park City Utah
    4 years ago
  • My Three Blondies
    Cover Reveal: Somewhere Between Falling
    7 years ago
  • The Domestic Wannabe
    arden rae | a birth story
    7 years ago
  • Little Moments Like These...
    Kai at 11 months
    8 years ago
  • The Macs
    annie kate
    8 years ago
  • styleberry BLOG
    60 Inch Dining Table
    8 years ago
  • Team Gramkow
    March of Dimes: March for Babies 2018: Kansas City
    8 years ago
  • a good life.
    parker // impromptu photo shoot
    9 years ago
  • The Branicks
    New House!
    9 years ago
  • iHeartFaces.com
    Saying Goodbye: Our Final Post
    9 years ago
  • The Wright Family Blog
    Baseball Runner Ups
    9 years ago
  • What's New at Kevin and Amanda's Homepage
    The Best Guacamole Recipe Ever!
    10 years ago
  • NurtureBaby Blog
    sample-5.jpg
    10 years ago
  • The Corral Connection
    A big long update!
    10 years ago
  • on earth as it is in heaven
    10 years ago
  • Dream Pretty...
    I dream of... Dressing my baby bump
    11 years ago
  • our wonderful, crazy life
    black magic
    11 years ago
  • the anderson crew
    florida, part 1.
    11 years ago
  • Pixel Perfect
    Day 7 - 31 Days to a REAL FOOD kitchen makeover
    11 years ago
  • Kathlip & Phileen
    Namibian Safari
    11 years ago
  • PARTY of FIVE
    Time marches on ...
    12 years ago
  • CREATE STUDIO
    A Neon Silly Monster Birthday Party
    12 years ago
  • miller fam
    {bits of a summer}
    12 years ago
  • whatever
    movin' on....
    12 years ago
  • everything beautiful
    Modesty
    13 years ago
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Parent
    On Top of the World
    13 years ago
  • All About Aiden...Always!!
    Our Weekend!
    14 years ago
  • The Huelsing's Adventures in Upstate New York
    Lake George Hike
    14 years ago
  • The Adventures of Beckham
    Houston, we have a walker!!
    15 years ago
  • The Cope Family
    Ok, here is our REAL new blog address
    15 years ago
  • When a Duet Becomes a Trio
    Day with lens...
    16 years ago
  • Crazybananas
  • a record of our reality
  • Love from Texas
  • eighteen25
Show 5 Show All