skip to main | skip to sidebar

Linkbar

  • Home
  • Our Story
  • Big Brother
  • Lil Brother
  • Big Sis
  • Baby Brother
  • Lil Sis
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest

    December 11, 2009

    "I Yuv You"

    Will has been putting words together recently. My favorite phrase he picked up this week is "I Yuv You!" Before I would say "Will, I love you do you love me?" He would always answer by saying "Yeah!" but then earlier this week he actually said it back to me. It definitely melted my heart. He also says "where did it go?" He thinks that is a fun game to play. If he has something he is playing with and we are around he will "hide" it and say this.
    We haven't taken him to any of the K-State Basketball games yet but I know he is going to LOVE it when we get a chance to. He picks out a Power cat ANYWHERE! If it’s on clothes, a water tower, a jar of salsa in the fridge, you get the idea. He is definitely his daddy's boy and lovin some K-State Wildcats! We have a wildcat on our tree and he reminds me frequently that "K-State" is hanging there. He has surprisingly left the tree alone. He really likes some of the stuffed animals we keep under there until it fills up with gifts so he must be preoccupied.


    In other news, I actually met my goal already. If you have read previously I wanted to lose about 12 pounds by January 6th. Today on this fabulous day I weighed in and was excited to see it read 125! That means I averaged about 3lb loss per week. I have had so much energy lately and really feel great. Now I plan to tone up and make a goal to drink more water. Since watching what I eat I noticed that I hardly ever drink anything! No soda, juice, milk, nothing. I do make sure to get my morning coffee though!

     

    Photobucket
    Updated for you by Emily at 4:27 PM

    2 comments:

    1. Sarah and DerekDecember 14, 2009 at 4:57 PM

      Way to go on already meeting your goal!! I have been working out but not starting the diet till after New Years. What do you do work out wise? I feel like I leave the rec not feeling like I did anything! I'm not a runner so I think that's my problem. I can do the elliptical for 2 miles then I get bored!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    2. EmilyDecember 15, 2009 at 4:53 AM

      I only run and do crunches. I would love to do more but that alone takes a lot of time. I know what you mean about getting bored because I have had to start running on a treadmill mainly because I'm too chicken to run in the dark (cold to me is actually nice) but I will typically put in about 37 min/4miles about 2 times per week and then a longer run, like 6 miles, in the middle of the week, and ideally 8-10 miles on either Saturday or Sunday. Lately I've been lucky to fit in 2 week runs and a 6-8mile weekend run though. I think milleage isn't as important as length of time spent. I have also heard from my MIL that elliptical burns more calories. So, I bet if you keep that up and incoorporate the diet change you will see the results you are wanting. I know too that there is definately a plateau to get over with a cardio workout. For me once I get through 2-3 miles I am smooth sailing. So I say go a little further and your competative drive will kick in and get you through the next couple of miles/min. Another thing that keeps me going is training for something other than weightloss (for me that was dissapointing because for so long I wasn't getting results.) Find a 5k or 10K and use that as your goal instead. I could go on and on about this topic but I will save you from my ramblings! PS Harper is a shuch a cutie! Congrats to you and all of your family. What a big weekend it has been for you all!?!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    Add comment
    Load more...

    We love your notes!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

  • The Idea Room
    The Best Chocolate Raspberry Wontons for Parties and Holidays
    1 day ago
  • nienie
    Seven Minutes
    2 days ago
  • Enjoying the Small Things
    2024 Stocking Stuffer Guide for Kids, Tweens & Teens
    1 year ago
  • Kelly's Korner
    Park City Utah
    4 years ago
  • My Three Blondies
    Cover Reveal: Somewhere Between Falling
    7 years ago
  • The Domestic Wannabe
    arden rae | a birth story
    7 years ago
  • Little Moments Like These...
    Kai at 11 months
    8 years ago
  • The Macs
    annie kate
    8 years ago
  • styleberry BLOG
    60 Inch Dining Table
    8 years ago
  • Team Gramkow
    March of Dimes: March for Babies 2018: Kansas City
    8 years ago
  • a good life.
    parker // impromptu photo shoot
    9 years ago
  • The Branicks
    New House!
    9 years ago
  • iHeartFaces.com
    Saying Goodbye: Our Final Post
    9 years ago
  • The Wright Family Blog
    Baseball Runner Ups
    9 years ago
  • What's New at Kevin and Amanda's Homepage
    The Best Guacamole Recipe Ever!
    10 years ago
  • NurtureBaby Blog
    sample-5.jpg
    10 years ago
  • The Corral Connection
    A big long update!
    10 years ago
  • on earth as it is in heaven
    10 years ago
  • Dream Pretty...
    I dream of... Dressing my baby bump
    11 years ago
  • our wonderful, crazy life
    black magic
    11 years ago
  • the anderson crew
    florida, part 1.
    11 years ago
  • Pixel Perfect
    Day 7 - 31 Days to a REAL FOOD kitchen makeover
    11 years ago
  • Kathlip & Phileen
    Namibian Safari
    11 years ago
  • PARTY of FIVE
    Time marches on ...
    12 years ago
  • CREATE STUDIO
    A Neon Silly Monster Birthday Party
    12 years ago
  • miller fam
    {bits of a summer}
    12 years ago
  • whatever
    movin' on....
    12 years ago
  • everything beautiful
    Modesty
    13 years ago
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Parent
    On Top of the World
    13 years ago
  • All About Aiden...Always!!
    Our Weekend!
    14 years ago
  • The Huelsing's Adventures in Upstate New York
    Lake George Hike
    14 years ago
  • The Adventures of Beckham
    Houston, we have a walker!!
    15 years ago
  • The Cope Family
    Ok, here is our REAL new blog address
    15 years ago
  • When a Duet Becomes a Trio
    Day with lens...
    16 years ago
  • Crazybananas
  • a record of our reality
  • Love from Texas
  • eighteen25
Show 5 Show All