November 24, 2009
Where is the light?
Will has never been a very easy boy to put to sleep. But man, lately this has really been a battle! Last night we did the usual rocking and bottle. An hour later he still was just laying there looking at us like "are we done here?" So we decided to just lay him in his play pen (he still sleeps with us in our bed) and let him "cry it out." Needless to say, he cried SCREAMED for another hour and we ended up giving in and picking him up to try rocking him again. He finally fell asleep! I know I have posted about this before and I am sure I will be posting again one day. Anyone else have a sleep fighter? What should we do? Are we just being to soft ( I don't know how anyone can listen to their little one cry like this multiple nights in a row?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Addie still ends up sleeping with us on most nights. I loved co-sleeping when she was still nursing because it was so much easier....but now I regret not sleep training her earlier. Mia was much easier. For one, she didn't ever wake up as often as Addie (maybe once or twice until 6 mo and then she has been sleeping through night since then) so that made it much easier on me. I never let Addie cry it out because she, like Will, would scream for hours if I let her. I do let Mia cry it out every so often and she is much better about putting herself back to sleep now. Addie still wakes up at 3 every night and climbs into our bed if she isn't already in bed with us to begin with. Basically, what I am saying, is that it could be a personality thing? I don't know! Maybe just a first born thing, I always joke that Addie is my practice kid and I did things right with Mia! :) I wish I knew how to convince Addie that her big girl bed is a rockin' place to sleep...Let me know if you hear any good tips!
ReplyDeleteOh Emily I could write a book about this as it has been a struggle of ours with Paxton from day one as well. And honestly, crying it out has been our only solution. I know it is the hardest thing in the world to hear and you will probably cry right along with him. I finally bought ear plugs cause it just broke my heart. However the result is SO worth it....well until something changes in their lives (aka moving, new bed, new sibling, etc) and you are back to square one. But you just do it all over again, and it gets easier each time. However I am a strong believer that this will never work unless YOU are ready and committed to making it happen. Good luck and stay strong :)
ReplyDelete