I've had a lot of people ask me if I cried when I found out we were blessed with a baby girl. Well, the answer is no. In fact, I was feeling a bit confused and disappointed. As you know this was a surprise pregnancy so we were not really "trying" for a girl. However, we have always thought we would love to have a little girl. So when we first found out we were pregnant we naturally prepared ourselves for a little girl but would have definitely been okay with a third boy too. Then we started getting anxious and did several gender predictor tests. The odds ended up in favor of a boy so my mind started planning for a boy instead. Walking into the sono apt. I was SO sure it was a boy. I had been dreaming up my life with three little boys. When she said "Well, it looks like little girl parts!" I didn't really know how to react. I had confused myself so much trying to know what the baby's gender was that I just couldn't even believe what I was hearing. So my advice to any pregnant woman, whether it is your first or third, don't get set on one gender or another until you know for sure! We are very much adjusted to the idea of a little girl now and I have already started planning her nursery, dance classes, outfits, etc. However, I am still nervous at the idea of being the mom to a girl !


One of my sweet friends from school, Lindsay Sieben, gave me my very first little girl outfit! It is so stinking cute. I cannot wait to put headbands on her!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love your notes!