skip to main | skip to sidebar

Linkbar

  • Home
  • Our Story
  • Big Brother
  • Lil Brother
  • Big Sis
  • Baby Brother
  • Lil Sis
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest

    March 3, 2012

    just a little update

    14 Weeks:  
    I really have no complaints (of course except the slight weight gain/shift in weight).  I swear I have been able to feel the baby move already.  When we went in for our first doctors appointment a few weeks ago we were able to see the little peanut on a sonogram.  It was so great to see the little heart beating away!

     So up until this point I have been convinced that I am having a girl.  I have been a firm believer in the pencil test and it gave the indication that this pregnancy is a girl.  We did the test when I was hardly 6 weeks pregnant.  With Will and TJ it was accurate (never performed it with them until after 15 weeks) and I just knew it would be accurate with this one too. Well now I think I need to perform the test again!  I caved and bought the Intelligender urine test and here are the results:

    I also bought this test with TJ's pregnancy and it was accurate then.  I didn't think I would spend the money on it this go around but I just can't stop my mind from racing trying to decide what this little babe is.  I do have to hesitate to trust this result because the test says to use your first morning urine and I didn't.  I don't remember using my first morning urine with TJ either though.  

    Tonight we had our friends the Horton's over for tacos.  Shannon and I threw together some guacamole dip and it was awesome!  We used 3 avocados, 2 medium tomatoes, about 1 small red onion, 2 jalapenos, juice from 1 medium lime, salt and garlic powder to taste, and a heaping scoop of sour cream. So good!  While we were busy in the kitchen our boys decided to climb into the dog kennel!  
    Of all the things they could do??? 
    Photobucket
    Updated for you by Emily at 11:03 PM

    5 comments:

    1. Sarah and DerekMarch 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM

      You look so cute Emily. I have seen the intelligender be right more times then wrong but I wouldn't believe it 100%. It's going to kill me to wait and find out what the sex is (when we eventually get pregnant) but I really want to have a gender reveal party so I am going to try and hold off not getting this test. Do you feel different this time around? Is your sono scheduled? What was the heart beat? Sorry for all the questions :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. EmilyMarch 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM

        Sarah, I think a gender reveal party is such a cute fun idea! We can't ever wait long enough though so we would probably ruin it. I am not sure the 'rules' on the party. Are you supposed to get an envelope and find out with your guests or do you know ahead of time? We have tried to come up with clever ways to reveal but never done the party. My doctor just did a quick sono and didn't use the Doppler to find the heart beat so I didn't get a number but just saw it beating so I am not sure there. My pregnancy is exactly like my other two: NO SYMPTOMS/CRAVINGS. We haven't scheduled the sonogram yet but I imagine it will be the first couple weeks of April. We went to the Ekart's for dinner tonight and did the pencil test again and now it reads boy! So, either we didn't do read it right before or it changed as my pregnancy progressed (or it's just a fluke!) WHO KNOWS! I just can't wait to find out. I am starting to ponder boy names now just in case. Before we had pretty much only thought of girl names and pretty much settled on the first name of Claire.

        Delete
        Replies
          Reply
      2. Reply
    2. Erica CopeMarch 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM

      Your little baby bump is so cute! Isn't it crazy how early you look pregnant with #3? I swear I looked pregnant at 8 weeks with Jack! I didn't even gain any weight until after 20 weeks but I looked way more pregnant, way earlier, with him then I did with the girls! My grandma kept asking if I was having twins. Exactly what every expecting mother wants to hear....Anyway, the Intelligender was right for me with Jack but it was wrong for my cousin Caryn...it told her she was having a boy but she was actually having a baby girl!
      Remember there are different factors that could lead to a wrong result (all listed in the directions) so there is still a chance your mommy instinct is right. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. EmilyMarch 4, 2012 at 11:31 PM

        Unfortunately for me I had not lost all of my weight from TJ so I really fell right back into place! I started reading threads about results from the test and it seems that if it is going to be wrong it usually reads boy when the pregnancy is actually girl rather than the other way around. It is fun to do and get the whole family stirred up about what the sex is but I still won't ever really trust anything other than the sonogram (and even that can be wrong!) I guess in a way it was good for me because it allowed me to just let go of any false hopes of a boy OR a girl so that I will be surprised and happy either way and not just shocked.

        Delete
        Replies
          Reply
      2. Reply
    3. Sarah and DerekMarch 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM

      I like it when the parents don't find out until everyone else at the party does. But it will be ssooo hard to not let the doctor tell us when he is doing the sono. I really like when the couple opens the box and pink or blue ballons fly out. We'll see though. I hate surprises so not sure I will be able to hold out. I don't think the pencil test was ever right when Amy did it. llooovveee the name Claire.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    Add comment
    Load more...

    We love your notes!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

  • The Idea Room
    The Best Chocolate Raspberry Wontons for Parties and Holidays
    1 day ago
  • nienie
    Seven Minutes
    2 days ago
  • Enjoying the Small Things
    2024 Stocking Stuffer Guide for Kids, Tweens & Teens
    1 year ago
  • Kelly's Korner
    Park City Utah
    4 years ago
  • My Three Blondies
    Cover Reveal: Somewhere Between Falling
    7 years ago
  • The Domestic Wannabe
    arden rae | a birth story
    7 years ago
  • Little Moments Like These...
    Kai at 11 months
    8 years ago
  • The Macs
    annie kate
    8 years ago
  • styleberry BLOG
    60 Inch Dining Table
    8 years ago
  • Team Gramkow
    March of Dimes: March for Babies 2018: Kansas City
    8 years ago
  • a good life.
    parker // impromptu photo shoot
    9 years ago
  • The Branicks
    New House!
    9 years ago
  • iHeartFaces.com
    Saying Goodbye: Our Final Post
    9 years ago
  • The Wright Family Blog
    Baseball Runner Ups
    9 years ago
  • What's New at Kevin and Amanda's Homepage
    The Best Guacamole Recipe Ever!
    10 years ago
  • NurtureBaby Blog
    sample-5.jpg
    10 years ago
  • The Corral Connection
    A big long update!
    10 years ago
  • on earth as it is in heaven
    10 years ago
  • Dream Pretty...
    I dream of... Dressing my baby bump
    11 years ago
  • our wonderful, crazy life
    black magic
    11 years ago
  • the anderson crew
    florida, part 1.
    11 years ago
  • Pixel Perfect
    Day 7 - 31 Days to a REAL FOOD kitchen makeover
    11 years ago
  • Kathlip & Phileen
    Namibian Safari
    11 years ago
  • PARTY of FIVE
    Time marches on ...
    12 years ago
  • CREATE STUDIO
    A Neon Silly Monster Birthday Party
    12 years ago
  • miller fam
    {bits of a summer}
    12 years ago
  • whatever
    movin' on....
    12 years ago
  • everything beautiful
    Modesty
    13 years ago
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Parent
    On Top of the World
    13 years ago
  • All About Aiden...Always!!
    Our Weekend!
    14 years ago
  • The Huelsing's Adventures in Upstate New York
    Lake George Hike
    14 years ago
  • The Adventures of Beckham
    Houston, we have a walker!!
    15 years ago
  • The Cope Family
    Ok, here is our REAL new blog address
    15 years ago
  • When a Duet Becomes a Trio
    Day with lens...
    16 years ago
  • Crazybananas
  • a record of our reality
  • Love from Texas
  • eighteen25
Show 5 Show All