I am so impressed with all the cute ideas on Pinterest for Valentin'es Day. I feel like a slacker if I just buy the good old cards I used in school. So here is my attempt for Will's class this year:
I am still in limbo about what to fill the bags with. It's between goldfish with each bag containing 1 colored gold fish and the rest regular or yummy Swedish fish. The teacher would probably appreciate the goldfish but you know who has already voted on Swedish fish.
WARNING this next part is lengthy and may be TMI for some:
So to catch everyone up on the surprise pregnancy I will give you a brief run down of how it all unfolded. I was due to have my annual exam on Tuesday December 27th. I called to reschedule the appointment December 21st when I realized my monthly cycle was going to fall during that week. I was transferred to my Dr.'s scheduling receptionist and got the answering service. I left a message assuming she was busy with it about to be a holiday weekend and just expected a call back the next day. I didn't hear back all day Thursday the 22nd so I called late that afternoon with the same results. I decided not to leave another message. I called Friday and guess what?....they had already closed for the weekend. I hate canceling appointments and especially hate canceling the day of but I was facing this dilemma since they would also be closed the Monday after Christmas. I got over it and figured it would just have to be their fault sine I had left them a message. Well that weekend I came down with a terrible case of Mastitis. I was cranky and not acting myself (as Joe would say) but I figured it was just the infection and stress from it being the holidays. It crossed my mind a couple of times over the weekend that I was a little late on my cycle but since I was still breastfeeding exclusively at that point I didn't really think much about it. Generally I have a strict 28 day cycle but breastfeeding can make it fluctuate. (side note: When I was breastfeeding Will my cycle didn't return until 11 months PP and with TJ it resumed 2 months PP). Also, we practice NFP and we rarely (like never except this ONE time) take chances during the "risky days." Well the weekend passed and still no period so I was able to go to my appointment. While there, the nurse asks the typical questions preliminary questions before the doctor arrives.. "When was the first day of your last period?" yadda, yadda, yadda. I answered and the doctor eventually came in. I have a pretty comfortable relationship with him. He made a funny remark about my period being a few days late and asked about our birth control. Nothing too out of the ordinary. After the appointment I had a voice in my head nagging me to go get a pregnancy test. In my mind I kept telling myself "Your probably not pregnant but just do it and then you'll know." I have freaked myself out plenty of times and wasted a ton of money on these tests but sometimes it is worth the peace of mind. So I ran to Walmart. I HATE buying these tests!!! I had both kids with me too! I am sure those who saw me were thinking "OMG she has a baby still in a car seat carrier and she is buying a PT!" So I thought I would sneak out through the self check with minimal audience, no luck. The self check does not easily read the Walmart gift cards (we had returned a Black Friday impulse buy and received this as our refund) I chose to use to pay for the damn test with. So there I stood with my single purchase of a PT test and my two lovely babes with a huge line behind me waiting on help with my purchase! Anyways, I was supposed to be meeting my mom, sis, and BIL at IHop so I opened the box and shoved a stick in my jacket pocket before getting out of the car. I slipped away to the bathroom before we ordered and did the dead. Yes, I do know how classy I am! To my surprise the two pink lines IMMEDIATELY appeared! I was completely overwhelmed with emotion. I didn't even know how to react. Joe and I did plan on having more children and that part of me was bursting with excitement. However, I am in school and on the 19th of December I had dropped off my application to the ADN program and paid the application fees. This part of me was a little disappointed and embarrassed. Regardless of how I felt about it at that moment I was forced to put on my game face and EAT breakfast with my family like nothing happened in there! Eventually that day everyone found out. We feel so blessed to have been given this surprise pregnancy! Life doesn't always go the way you plan, sometimes its better!
On a different note:
We went to watch the KSU bull riding event a couple of weeks ago. Rodeo is not something I have ever been involved in or know much about but I really do enjoy it!


congrats on your "surprise" pregnancy! Dane was a surprise and by far threw us for a loop but turned out to be the best gift I could have asked for!
ReplyDeleteGood luck I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly!