skip to main | skip to sidebar

Linkbar

  • Home
  • Our Story
  • Big Brother
  • Lil Brother
  • Big Sis
  • Baby Brother
  • Lil Sis
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest

    January 10, 2012

    "It's everything I always wanted"

    This post is LONG overdue but I wanted to go ahead and add it so I am not kicking myself further down the road.  It is mostly just a picture rundown of our Christmas festivities.  
    We spent the week before Christmas (my first week of break from school) baking cookies, decorating our gingerbread house and putting together gifts for Will's teachers. We kept the teacher gifts a bit more simple than I had originally planned but I think they were cute.
    We joined the bandwagon and got the Elf.  The night our elf showed up Will was dead set on naming him/her (we used them interchangeably) "Kelsy."  His aunt is named Kelsy and the book gives suggestions for cute fun names rather than typical human names. I tried really hard (with no luck) to sway him on other names.  So, Kelsy it was.  Kelsy didn't come up with too many crazy tricks or hiding spots but these were some of Will's favorites.  
     Christmas Eve morning I woke up with the worst case of mastitis I have ever had.  I had chills and felt miserable all day.  I was hoping I could just pump, take Tylenol, and rest to get rid of it (has worked in the past) but this particular case of it was going to need antibiotics.  Well, I waited too late to call the on call doctor at my OB office for them to be able to call me in a script so I was facing having to go to the ER, UGH!  Thank goodness a family member happened to have enough of the particular antibiotic I was going to need (I know this from previous experience with this).  I started it that night and felt much better by Christmas morning.  Unfortunately though, we didn't make it to Mass :(  This made me especially sad since it was TJ's first Christmas.  
     We are so lucky to be able to keep our tradition of spending Christmas Eve at the Ekart's and Christmas Morning at my Mom's.  I was not on my game and didn't take the best pictures this year.  Will had so much fun opening presents this year.  Last year he was so oVeR it by the second get together.  He was glad to help everyone tear into their gifts.  At the Ekart's we go around and each open one gift until everyone is done.  He did so good being patient.  He was also very patient waiting until the end to open his BIG box.  There was a very luxurious bean bag from Pier 1 inside.  It resembles the Pottery Barn Kids version.  Each of the boys got one.  They are SOO comfy!  
     The title of this post comes from Will's first comment when he walked into the living room on Christmas morning.  He was so thrilled to see his gifts: Jeep power wheel, Imaginex ship, Grill, Transformers, Cutie game, Candyland.  TJ shared the Grill with Will, got a push walker, and a swing for our swing set. 
     Christmas at Mom's is always so much fun with the three 3 year olds.  They always play so well together.  
    We were so glad Stacy and Josh were able to make it home this year. 

    Christmas night we have a tradition of making Japanese food and doing White Elephant with about 25 of us.  I was glad to have my Mom and Mike, Stacy and Josh, and Ryan join us this year.  After the fun of the W.E. was over we played Left, Right, Center, and Clack into the wee hours.  It is sad to think that it is all over. The holidays came and went so fast this year!

    Photobucket
    Updated for you by Emily at 10:26 PM

    2 comments:

    1. AmyJanuary 11, 2012 at 6:59 AM

      So is Will into Transformers too? Don't you hate those stupid things!! I am soooo not smart enough to figure them out!!

      Glad you posted this, I was missing updates and pics of the boys!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    2. Sarah and DerekJanuary 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM

      Such fun memories and traditions. That is so adorable that Will said the title when he saw his presents. Looks like some pretty great toys they got! I agree with Amy, I missed pics of your cute boys!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    Add comment
    Load more...

    We love your notes!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

  • The Idea Room
    The Best Chocolate Raspberry Wontons for Parties and Holidays
    1 day ago
  • nienie
    Seven Minutes
    2 days ago
  • Enjoying the Small Things
    2024 Stocking Stuffer Guide for Kids, Tweens & Teens
    1 year ago
  • Kelly's Korner
    Park City Utah
    4 years ago
  • My Three Blondies
    Cover Reveal: Somewhere Between Falling
    7 years ago
  • The Domestic Wannabe
    arden rae | a birth story
    7 years ago
  • Little Moments Like These...
    Kai at 11 months
    8 years ago
  • The Macs
    annie kate
    8 years ago
  • styleberry BLOG
    60 Inch Dining Table
    8 years ago
  • Team Gramkow
    March of Dimes: March for Babies 2018: Kansas City
    8 years ago
  • a good life.
    parker // impromptu photo shoot
    9 years ago
  • The Branicks
    New House!
    9 years ago
  • iHeartFaces.com
    Saying Goodbye: Our Final Post
    9 years ago
  • The Wright Family Blog
    Baseball Runner Ups
    9 years ago
  • What's New at Kevin and Amanda's Homepage
    The Best Guacamole Recipe Ever!
    10 years ago
  • NurtureBaby Blog
    sample-5.jpg
    10 years ago
  • The Corral Connection
    A big long update!
    10 years ago
  • on earth as it is in heaven
    10 years ago
  • Dream Pretty...
    I dream of... Dressing my baby bump
    11 years ago
  • our wonderful, crazy life
    black magic
    11 years ago
  • the anderson crew
    florida, part 1.
    11 years ago
  • Pixel Perfect
    Day 7 - 31 Days to a REAL FOOD kitchen makeover
    11 years ago
  • Kathlip & Phileen
    Namibian Safari
    11 years ago
  • PARTY of FIVE
    Time marches on ...
    12 years ago
  • CREATE STUDIO
    A Neon Silly Monster Birthday Party
    12 years ago
  • miller fam
    {bits of a summer}
    12 years ago
  • whatever
    movin' on....
    12 years ago
  • everything beautiful
    Modesty
    13 years ago
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Parent
    On Top of the World
    13 years ago
  • All About Aiden...Always!!
    Our Weekend!
    14 years ago
  • The Huelsing's Adventures in Upstate New York
    Lake George Hike
    14 years ago
  • The Adventures of Beckham
    Houston, we have a walker!!
    15 years ago
  • The Cope Family
    Ok, here is our REAL new blog address
    15 years ago
  • When a Duet Becomes a Trio
    Day with lens...
    16 years ago
  • Crazybananas
  • a record of our reality
  • Love from Texas
  • eighteen25
Show 5 Show All