skip to main | skip to sidebar

Linkbar

  • Home
  • Our Story
  • Big Brother
  • Lil Brother
  • Big Sis
  • Baby Brother
  • Lil Sis
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest

    April 13, 2011

    The Arrival...

    Going into this pregnancy I stressed the fact that I really wanted to be able to give a natural labor a fair chance.  I had to be induced with Will so I opted for an epidural the second I felt the first contraction.  Well, I definitely got my wishes granted.  I had no idea what "going into labor" really felt like so there were a few different days that I thought I was starting to get cramps/contractions. It wasn't until Saturday night (April 2nd) that those cramps would follow with real contractions.  On Sunday morning while leaving for church around 9am I got my first REAL contraction.  These contractions from this point on never let up.  They hovered around 7 minutes apart all day.  After church Joe and I decided to take Will golfing.  Since they weren't letting up we called Joe's parents to keep Will thinking that would be the day.  After Will was picked up Joe and I did a lot of walking the neighborhood and breathing through the contractions.  I grew frustrated because they never increased in intensity, nor did they get closer together.  We ended up picking up Will and going to sleep still contracting.  (Joe commented that I moaned through the contractions in my sleep!) I tried to get checked Monday at the OB but couldn't get in.  The nurse told me if the contractions got to be 5 min apart to just go to the hospital but otherwise I should try "drinking more water because dehydration can cause contractions," HA!  Well I knew they weren't from dehydration and was certain that I would be at the hospital sometime Monday.  My mom hung out with me all day and kept Will busy while I sat around contracting with what were at that point VERY painful 6 min apart contractions.  My mom kept trying to get me to go to the hospital and just say they were 5 min apart but I am stubborn.  I knew that if they weren't 5 min apart there would be a good chance of being sent home and I decided I would just hold out until my Tuesday regular check with my OB.  So, Tuesday finally came and when I was checked in the office I was dilated to 7cm!  My water was bulging and he was surprised it hadn't ruptured already.  Needless to say I was sent to the hospital directly.  When I checked in at 10:28am my contractions had slowed to 10 min apart (I don't think I ever had 5min apart contractions).  The nurse checked me every hour starting at Noon.  The first two checks my water was still in tact.  On the third check it ruptured and within 20 min I had three contractions.  These last three contractions were on a completely different pain level than any of my others.  The third contraction left me with an uncontrollable urge to push and that is just what happened.  Timothy was on his way out with no one but my Mom and Joe in the room.  Everything ended up perfectly fine but it was sure dramatic!
    My little golfer.

    Gotta love those gowns!

    Saying Hi to baby brother.

    Momma and Timothy

    Eyes wide open.

    Photobucket
    Updated for you by Emily at 5:19 PM

    5 comments:

    1. Megan C.April 13, 2011 at 6:30 PM

      how cute! I have been having contractions that go from 5 mins apart to about 7 mins apart but i'm not dilated at all. it is so true that every womans labor is different!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    2. EricaApril 13, 2011 at 7:52 PM

      That is an awesome birth story! Congrats Em! He is so handsome!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    3. AmyApril 14, 2011 at 9:04 AM

      Wow Emily!! That's crazy! How awesome that you got to experience a natural birth, I am jealous (have had c's with both the kids and will definately have to have another IF we have a 3rd). He is sooo cute, hope all is well with your little family of 4, congratulations!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    4. Sarah and DerekApril 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM

      Wow Emily! That is quite the delivery story. Good for you for going all natural. I'm sure I'll ask for one the second I am admitted :) He is adorable! Congratulations!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    5. EmilyApril 14, 2011 at 10:44 AM

      Thank you all! I agree every woman's (even pregnancy to pregnancy) labors differently. If my contractions had been as painful as they were after my water broke the whole time there is no way i could have done it for very long. I am glad to have experienced both a calm induction with Will and a bit more exciting natural labor with Timothy. IF we ever have more I can't say how it will go.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    Add comment
    Load more...

    We love your notes!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

  • The Idea Room
    The Best Chocolate Raspberry Wontons for Parties and Holidays
    1 day ago
  • nienie
    Seven Minutes
    2 days ago
  • Enjoying the Small Things
    2024 Stocking Stuffer Guide for Kids, Tweens & Teens
    1 year ago
  • Kelly's Korner
    Park City Utah
    4 years ago
  • My Three Blondies
    Cover Reveal: Somewhere Between Falling
    7 years ago
  • The Domestic Wannabe
    arden rae | a birth story
    7 years ago
  • Little Moments Like These...
    Kai at 11 months
    8 years ago
  • The Macs
    annie kate
    8 years ago
  • styleberry BLOG
    60 Inch Dining Table
    8 years ago
  • Team Gramkow
    March of Dimes: March for Babies 2018: Kansas City
    8 years ago
  • a good life.
    parker // impromptu photo shoot
    9 years ago
  • The Branicks
    New House!
    9 years ago
  • iHeartFaces.com
    Saying Goodbye: Our Final Post
    9 years ago
  • The Wright Family Blog
    Baseball Runner Ups
    9 years ago
  • What's New at Kevin and Amanda's Homepage
    The Best Guacamole Recipe Ever!
    10 years ago
  • NurtureBaby Blog
    sample-5.jpg
    10 years ago
  • The Corral Connection
    A big long update!
    10 years ago
  • on earth as it is in heaven
    10 years ago
  • Dream Pretty...
    I dream of... Dressing my baby bump
    11 years ago
  • our wonderful, crazy life
    black magic
    11 years ago
  • the anderson crew
    florida, part 1.
    11 years ago
  • Pixel Perfect
    Day 7 - 31 Days to a REAL FOOD kitchen makeover
    11 years ago
  • Kathlip & Phileen
    Namibian Safari
    11 years ago
  • PARTY of FIVE
    Time marches on ...
    12 years ago
  • CREATE STUDIO
    A Neon Silly Monster Birthday Party
    12 years ago
  • miller fam
    {bits of a summer}
    12 years ago
  • whatever
    movin' on....
    12 years ago
  • everything beautiful
    Modesty
    13 years ago
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Parent
    On Top of the World
    13 years ago
  • All About Aiden...Always!!
    Our Weekend!
    14 years ago
  • The Huelsing's Adventures in Upstate New York
    Lake George Hike
    14 years ago
  • The Adventures of Beckham
    Houston, we have a walker!!
    15 years ago
  • The Cope Family
    Ok, here is our REAL new blog address
    15 years ago
  • When a Duet Becomes a Trio
    Day with lens...
    16 years ago
  • Crazybananas
  • a record of our reality
  • Love from Texas
  • eighteen25
Show 5 Show All