skip to main | skip to sidebar

Linkbar

  • Home
  • Our Story
  • Big Brother
  • Lil Brother
  • Big Sis
  • Baby Brother
  • Lil Sis
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest

    November 19, 2009

    Lets Get Started

    Well, I got inspired by Amanda over at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/ to finally hit my goal weight and start setting a better example for Will to live a healthy lifestyle. I have been running, but I don't do that to try and lose weight. I do that for my outlet, to feel accomplished, and keep me going. Lucky for me it will help me get to the weight loss part of my goal. So, back to the real story, losing weight! I figure I should start now before the "lethal" holiday meals start rolling around. So, what am I going to do? Well, just exactly what Amanda did...calorie count and follow basic food guide reccomendations. I have always known how to do it. I heard it recently at "Ladies Night" at MRC. You have to have more calories spent at the end of the day than what you consume. So, there are so many ways to achieve this. Some would rather burn the heck out of them, others would rather restrict all their food, but for me, I am going to do a little of both. I started my own Spark People account (like amanda did) and I plan to log in every day to input the foods I ate for the day. It is really too easy since they add it all up for you. All you have to do is make the right choices. Speaking of "choices" I have started eating the Healthy "Choice" meals mostly because they are CHEAP and surprisingly YUMMY. But now they will play a key part of my goal since they are adequately proportioned and only 300-400 calories per box. If you aren't into box meals, Amanda suggested a good calorie counting site to figure out how many calories are in the meals you are cooking. In fact she gave some good tips on desserts, and vitamins too. You should hop on over there to get a better "How To!" I hesitated to post about this because of what people might think,"you don't need to...why is she telling the world about this...etc?" Then I thought why not? It could be fun if you do it too and then let me know and we can keep each other inspired! So if your reading this and are planning on doing it you can find me on sparke people: jeekart.
    Photobucket
    Updated for you by Emily at 10:11 AM

    5 comments:

    1. All About Aiden... Always!November 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM

      emily i love that blog, thanks for directing me to it when i was researching how to update my blog (even though i have done nothing yet)!! i was def motivated after i read her blog... she looks great! i eat lean cuisines for lunch pretty much every day, i def need to try the heatlthy choice. Mike and i aren't the healthiest eaters at night though... so i think i "fill the tank" at the wrong time of day :) we're going to gym memberships next week so thats a start for us. STUPID HOLIDAYS though... i have no self control!! good luck with everything, you already ran a half, GOOD FOR YOU! im going to check out sparke people... thanks!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    2. EmilyNovember 19, 2009 at 3:20 PM

      Glad to know your doing it too! Now when I want that extra serving of potatoes or slice of pie I can say "No, Amber won't be eating that and you don't want to see that Total! I wish it wasn't getting dark so fast here now because I hate getting out in the dark. The gym idea is a good solution to that. Hmmm..great Christmas gift idea! Good luck to you as well! My goal date is Will's 2nd birhtday (June)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    3. Sarah and DerekNovember 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM

      So I don't have a blog but I still always check your guy's blogs :) I totally want to do that diet too. I have the whole gym membership it's just finding time to go since I usually work 9-12 hours Mon-Thurs. The healthy choice/lean cuisine diet is more my kind of diet. She said she lost 20 lbs in 11 weeks so I am gonna shoot for 10 lbs in 7 weeks. Just can't decide if I want to start before the holidays :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    4. EmilyNovember 20, 2009 at 9:02 AM

      I decided to start before the holidays so I don't overdoit TOO much. I know I will let loose a little but I wil have this in the back of my mind so maybe I will do better. I am totally amazed by her before and after pics. It's funny I never really looked through her site and thought she was over weight. But when she posted the two pictures side by side it was pretty amazing to see what 30lbs can do. So, what are you doing these days? 9-12 hours per day! That's a lot of time at work but it looks like you get Friday's off? That part would be REALLY nice.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    5. StacyNovember 20, 2009 at 9:08 AM

      I have decided to join in...maybe knowing that you are doing the same thing, I will do better. Wish we could run together though (not that I can last as long as you). Love the blog...nice way to see whats going on with you when we play phone tag! Love you!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    Add comment
    Load more...

    We love your notes!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

  • The Idea Room
    The Best Chocolate Raspberry Wontons for Parties and Holidays
    1 day ago
  • nienie
    Seven Minutes
    2 days ago
  • Enjoying the Small Things
    2024 Stocking Stuffer Guide for Kids, Tweens & Teens
    1 year ago
  • Kelly's Korner
    Park City Utah
    4 years ago
  • My Three Blondies
    Cover Reveal: Somewhere Between Falling
    7 years ago
  • The Domestic Wannabe
    arden rae | a birth story
    7 years ago
  • Little Moments Like These...
    Kai at 11 months
    8 years ago
  • The Macs
    annie kate
    8 years ago
  • styleberry BLOG
    60 Inch Dining Table
    8 years ago
  • Team Gramkow
    March of Dimes: March for Babies 2018: Kansas City
    8 years ago
  • a good life.
    parker // impromptu photo shoot
    9 years ago
  • The Branicks
    New House!
    9 years ago
  • iHeartFaces.com
    Saying Goodbye: Our Final Post
    9 years ago
  • The Wright Family Blog
    Baseball Runner Ups
    9 years ago
  • What's New at Kevin and Amanda's Homepage
    The Best Guacamole Recipe Ever!
    10 years ago
  • NurtureBaby Blog
    sample-5.jpg
    10 years ago
  • The Corral Connection
    A big long update!
    10 years ago
  • on earth as it is in heaven
    10 years ago
  • Dream Pretty...
    I dream of... Dressing my baby bump
    11 years ago
  • our wonderful, crazy life
    black magic
    11 years ago
  • the anderson crew
    florida, part 1.
    11 years ago
  • Pixel Perfect
    Day 7 - 31 Days to a REAL FOOD kitchen makeover
    11 years ago
  • Kathlip & Phileen
    Namibian Safari
    11 years ago
  • PARTY of FIVE
    Time marches on ...
    12 years ago
  • CREATE STUDIO
    A Neon Silly Monster Birthday Party
    12 years ago
  • miller fam
    {bits of a summer}
    12 years ago
  • whatever
    movin' on....
    12 years ago
  • everything beautiful
    Modesty
    13 years ago
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Parent
    On Top of the World
    13 years ago
  • All About Aiden...Always!!
    Our Weekend!
    14 years ago
  • The Huelsing's Adventures in Upstate New York
    Lake George Hike
    14 years ago
  • The Adventures of Beckham
    Houston, we have a walker!!
    15 years ago
  • The Cope Family
    Ok, here is our REAL new blog address
    15 years ago
  • When a Duet Becomes a Trio
    Day with lens...
    16 years ago
  • Crazybananas
  • a record of our reality
  • Love from Texas
  • eighteen25
Show 5 Show All