September 29, 2009
Big Weekend
Well, I made it all the way 13.1 miles up and down HILLY downtown Omaha! I was not as prepared for this run as I thought ( I didn't train many hills) but it was a wonderful weekend and run. I made it in 2hrs 1min and 20sec. I wanted to do it under 2hrs but oh well. While I was laboring on my run my good highschool friend Lauren was laboring to bring her beautiful little boy into the world! Another big event this past weekend was MHS homecoming. Lindsy was a Junior honorary so we sat in the rain Friday evening to be able to catch a glimpse at our beautiful Aunt Liny.
.JPG)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Emily! It's Sarah Long. Congratulations on running the marathon!! I could NEVER do that!! Who from our high school just had a baby??
ReplyDeleteOh Sarah you SO could do it. I believe anyone can do it. If you go to a marathon event as a spectator you will see that there are so many walks of life doing it. It's just a mind game. Lauren Turner (maiden name Henderson) had John William Turner at 7:36am on Sunday September 27th. He is so sweet. It is crazy how small the little newborns are!
ReplyDeleteHey, I was at the Omaha Marathon! Emily Bergkamp ran the full marathon, so I went up there to cheer her on. Way to go on doing the half! That's totally awesome. I bet you heard me yell at some point...I was kinda loud and obnoxious. :-)
ReplyDelete