This handsome little man turned THREE on Tuesday. We decided not to throw a huge birthday party this year with all the go-go-go we have been doing. We got back to town on Monday from our week in Alabama and he wanted to spend the night with his Grandma Karen. When he woke up on his birthday she made him the traditional birthday breakfast pancakes and let him blow out three candles in them! I picked him up with balloons and we headed over the Grandma Jo Ann's for lunch. She surprised him with a bike to keep at her house! We made it back home where Grandma "T" had left him a basketball goal! Can you see how spoiled loved he is! After putting the goal together and making a few baskets we headed to the pool until Daddy got home. We ended his day with a trip to Subway (his favorite place to eat out!) and Coldstone. We were going to get a cake but he wanted a scoop instead so a scoop it was. We are having a small BBQ on Friday where he will get his "big" gift. I struggled with not throwing him a party. I felt like a loser mom! Joe assured me that he will be fine and he would enjoy our other gifts that we will be able to give him more since we aren't spending the money on a party. I know there will be other years that a big party will be more appreciated but I still feel a little sad.
Adorable!! Was he in a wedding? Don't feel bad about not throwing a party. He's too young too know and you have many many more years to throw him parties. You'll have to do a post on your trip!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Will!!! Such an adorable pic :) dont feel like a louder mom....parties are overrated and expensive!! Plus, like ,satah said, he wont remember. Ha!
ReplyDeleteThe girls LOVE Subway too! We ate there a ton while Zach was in Germany the past few weeks.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL!!!!! I can't believe he is 3 years old already!
happy birthday will! how cute is he!? like the others said he wont remember it anyway don't feel bad! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for your encouragement in our decision. Now that it is past I can say it was definitely the right decision. Will had a great birthday!
ReplyDelete