November 16, 2009
Birthday Party Ideas..
No, I'm not planning Will's 2nd birthday already! I do however plan to do this for of his birthdays one year. The idea is to donate to a charity of the childs choice in liu of gifts. I heard of this while running the Pilgrim Pacer half marathon in KC this past weekend. The ladies running behind us were doing this for their daughters birthday this year. On the invites they put "In liu of gifts pleas help us raise $500 to donate to the animal shelter." They ended up raising over $1000! I thought this was such an awesome idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
_s_jpg.jpg)
Hi! I found your blog from the comments on MckMama's photography Q&A and noticed that you recommended GIMP from Linux. I have GIMP and have no idea how to use it! I'd love to chat with you to get some ideas if you are interested!
ReplyDelete-Jessie
http://staskawalker.blogspot.com
thethreejays@gmail.com
I feel much better about getting the girls vaccinated after talking to their doctor. She told me that she was hesitant at first and wasn't going to get her family vaccinated. Then when she got the chance to talk to whoever came to their office to talk about the vaccine, she said she changed her mind and got everyone vaccinated. She said that what they give at the office is the regular flu shot with a dead strain of the h1n1 virus in it so that right there makes me feel better. I did not want to put a live virus in their little bodies. She also asked a whole bunch of other questions that I wouldn't have thought to ask. So I've decided that if we move to Manhattan and I get a job and the girls go to daycare than I will definitely be vaccinated them.
ReplyDelete