However, I really love the stage Will is at right now. He is so engaged with his surroundings and picks up on EVERYTHING. This includes tearing off toilet paper and throwing it into the toilet!
He is finally using some of the signs that we tried to teach him starting back at 6 months. The two he uses mostly are "more" and "all-done". It makes me wish I had incorporated more signs. We hadn't been using them lately and then out of the blue he started asking for "more". He has mastered high fives, waving bye, and blowing kisses. I guess you could put those in the signing category.
He has been getting 3, possibly 4, new teeth for the past week and half or so. He hates for you to look into his mouth so you have to either tickle him so he laughs or hang him upside down to see them.
He LOVES to dance and recently started 'singing' all around the house. Maybe he is gonna have some rhythm like Uncle Ryan! I really need to get it on video.
Eating has gotten a lot better. He is still a bit picky but for the most part he will eat SOME of whatever we have. However, he is still taking about 3 bottles per day.
We turned his crib into a toddler bed with the hopes that it is easier to get him to start sleeping in his own bed. (He is really good about waiting until we get in the room to try and get out so you can let your breath out now) The bed is practically big enough that I can comfortably sleep in it too! Every night we try to lay down with him in it and then sneak out. So far he makes it until about 2am.
We are getting his final photo session done next Thursday with Meysenburg Photography. I am really excited about these pics. Grandma Karen had a pair of Joe's cowboy boots from when he was exactly Will's age so we are using them in the pictures. I kinda ran with the western idea and bought some for me too! Now, if I could just get Joe into some!
Joe and I have planned our first trip away from Will :( I am so nervous about this! It is coming up so fast (September 19th). We are headed out to LA for the KSU vs UCLA football game and to see a friend of Joe's from MHS,Garret Donnelly. We went out to his Wedding in October of 2007 (a week later I found out I was pregnant).
I hope to be updating this blog with some new words or sounds soon!?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love your notes!