August 14, 2009
Happy Birthday Momma
Well, today is my 23rd birthday and the only thing I really want is for Will to feel better. I received a call from our regular pediatrician yesterday after cancelling a follow up that was suggested we make by K-Stat. He disagreed with the diagnosis they had made of thrush. I now feel like we should have just trusted him from the start because the "rash" had spread outside his mouth and it was more blister like than thrush like. I appreciated his call and we ended up stopping the drops K-Stat gave us for the thrush. In the middle of the night he started closing his mouth and smacking his lips as if the get the saliva swallowed so I feel like we might be turning a corner. The fever was up around 101 or 102 all day yesterday. This morning it was around 101 but he did finally eat from me (yesterday at 2pm was the last time he nursed). So all in all I think the Doctor's original diagnosis of viral infection was right and he said it would last about 4 days and then turn around. So far this is day 3 or 4 depending on when it really started. This weekend I hope he gets back to his old self. Oh yeah, I AM getting to spend the day with him. Joe has been home with him this whole time but since it's my birthday I decided to ask off and since my bosses rock of course they said yes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love your notes!