skip to main | skip to sidebar

Linkbar

  • Home
  • Our Story
  • Big Brother
  • Lil Brother
  • Big Sis
  • Baby Brother
  • Lil Sis
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest

    June 24, 2009

    The big ONE!

    Well, I have basically 3 1/2 days to get the rest of my birthday planning done. At this point I need to just quit coming up with 'cute' (but insanely expensive/hard) ideas! Aunt Stacy has been so gracious to help me get the adult favors finished, I am still working on the kiddie favors (so far I have the customized M&M's but what else????), the cakes I will start Saturday, then Sunday I have to decorate the pavilion. I have a "you are my sunshine" banner, paper lanterns, and tulle to hang. I have to put down table cloths and put up balloons. AND HOPEFULLY, I will have floral letters to put out. I have it in my head that I want the letters O-N-E covered in flower heads (they MUST be real or there is no point in my mind) but I am not sure if I have time to tackle making this project on my own and I know it would be pricey to have made so I may have to nix this idea. Wish me luck!


    6/25/009 UPDATE
    Well I contacted Bronwyn at Kistner's Flowers was able to create the look I wanted for the O-N-E letters at a good price so I went ahead and ordered those for Sunday!

    Here are a few of the items I have ready to go for the big day:



    we plan to fill the bucket full of water balloons for the kids. The orange blobs on the floor are the paper lanterns.




    These are our favors. My sister, Stacy, put together a video of Will's first year of life. I gave her pictures of pregnancy-11 1/2 months plus videos. She put it all to about 5 different versions of you are my sunshine. It is a surprise to everyone. I guess if they read this before Sunday they won't be very surprised!


    The labels say "Thank you for Brightening my Birthday...William Michael Ekart June 28, 2009"

    These are the invites I put together. Again, Stacy, used her cricket to cut out the sun on some awesome glitter paper I found at Archivers in NE. Then she mailed them back to me and I printed up the invite, cut out a cute picture of Will, and put them all together.




    These are the personalized M&Ms. They say: "The big ONE!" "William Ekart" and "Happy Birthday"

    I found this hat at Hey Baby in Manhattan. Someone personally makes them and sells them out of this store.
    Updated for you by Emily at 11:22 PM

    5 comments:

    1. EricaJune 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM

      I can't wait to see lots of pictures! It will inspired me for Mia's Sunshine party! : )
      By the way, where did you get a "You are my Sunshine" banner?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    2. EmilyJune 25, 2009 at 11:59 AM

      I actually made it. I used orange riboon and had my sister use her cricut cutter to cut letters out that were about 12 inches tall then I used my sewing machine to sew smaller ribbon tabs on the top of each letter to string from the orange ribbon. I will post a picture of it. Hopefully it hangs the way it is supposed to!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    3. HollyJune 26, 2009 at 6:27 AM

      Wow, looks like it's going to be an amazing birthday! I love the M&Ms with his face on them! Hehehe!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    4. EricaJune 29, 2009 at 9:28 AM

      That's awesome! I am not sure if I am that crafty to try to make one myself! LOL
      I started getting down to business though about planning Mia's party now that it is only 2 months away. I like to do a little at a time so I'm not stressed out the week before! And also because I am a dork and I really like planning parties! : )

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    5. EricaJune 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM

      Heck yeah! I would love to either borrow your paper laterns and tulle or even purchase them from you! BUT we live in Joplin so that may be kinda tricky...
      By the way! Found SUPER cute "You are my Sunshine" frame on amazon.com. You should totally check it out! I want to get it and put a picture of Mia eating her birthday cake in it! : )

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
        Reply
    Add comment
    Load more...

    We love your notes!

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

  • The Idea Room
    The Best Chocolate Raspberry Wontons for Parties and Holidays
    1 day ago
  • nienie
    Seven Minutes
    2 days ago
  • Enjoying the Small Things
    2024 Stocking Stuffer Guide for Kids, Tweens & Teens
    1 year ago
  • Kelly's Korner
    Park City Utah
    4 years ago
  • My Three Blondies
    Cover Reveal: Somewhere Between Falling
    7 years ago
  • The Domestic Wannabe
    arden rae | a birth story
    7 years ago
  • Little Moments Like These...
    Kai at 11 months
    8 years ago
  • The Macs
    annie kate
    8 years ago
  • styleberry BLOG
    60 Inch Dining Table
    8 years ago
  • Team Gramkow
    March of Dimes: March for Babies 2018: Kansas City
    8 years ago
  • a good life.
    parker // impromptu photo shoot
    9 years ago
  • The Branicks
    New House!
    9 years ago
  • iHeartFaces.com
    Saying Goodbye: Our Final Post
    9 years ago
  • The Wright Family Blog
    Baseball Runner Ups
    9 years ago
  • What's New at Kevin and Amanda's Homepage
    The Best Guacamole Recipe Ever!
    10 years ago
  • NurtureBaby Blog
    sample-5.jpg
    10 years ago
  • The Corral Connection
    A big long update!
    10 years ago
  • on earth as it is in heaven
    10 years ago
  • Dream Pretty...
    I dream of... Dressing my baby bump
    11 years ago
  • our wonderful, crazy life
    black magic
    11 years ago
  • the anderson crew
    florida, part 1.
    11 years ago
  • Pixel Perfect
    Day 7 - 31 Days to a REAL FOOD kitchen makeover
    11 years ago
  • Kathlip & Phileen
    Namibian Safari
    11 years ago
  • PARTY of FIVE
    Time marches on ...
    12 years ago
  • CREATE STUDIO
    A Neon Silly Monster Birthday Party
    12 years ago
  • miller fam
    {bits of a summer}
    12 years ago
  • whatever
    movin' on....
    12 years ago
  • everything beautiful
    Modesty
    13 years ago
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Parent
    On Top of the World
    13 years ago
  • All About Aiden...Always!!
    Our Weekend!
    14 years ago
  • The Huelsing's Adventures in Upstate New York
    Lake George Hike
    14 years ago
  • The Adventures of Beckham
    Houston, we have a walker!!
    15 years ago
  • The Cope Family
    Ok, here is our REAL new blog address
    15 years ago
  • When a Duet Becomes a Trio
    Day with lens...
    16 years ago
  • Crazybananas
  • a record of our reality
  • Love from Texas
  • eighteen25
Show 5 Show All